About This Course
Welcome to the Ken Forrester Masterclass Course, where you can become an accredited wine advisor for Ken Forrester and grow your beverage knowledge by learning directly from the winemaker.
Join Ken as he leads you through his vineyards and wine cellar, and have the unique experience of learning from this leading South African winemaker.
In this course you will:
- Gain key insights into the History, Terroir, and Winemaking Philosophy of Ken Forrester Wines;
- Get first hand knowledge about the cutting edge technology used in Ken's vineyards;
- Find out the secret behind Ken's passions and successes with Chenin Blanc wines (and other exciting varietals);
- Discover the full range of handcrafted world class wines that Ken Forrester Wines has to offer; and
- Learn how to successfully pair wines and confidently recommend them to guests.
The Ken Forrester Masterclass Course has been designed to be user-friendly allowing you, the student, to easily track your progress using the Progress tab while completing the course. Each course begins with an Introduction, Winemaking Philosophy, and History section. Next you will learn first hand about the unique Location, Vineyard Practices, and Winemaking techniques that have made the Ken Forrester Wine Range an internationally acclaimed wine brand. The Ken Forrester Wine Range section will provide you with all the knowledge you need to confidently recommend wines to your guests. In each section you will find captivating videos, in-depth topic notes, as well as a fun and challenging Test Your Knowledge quiz.
The Discussion Forum provides a platform where you can interact with the Ken Forrester Masterclass Course Tutor as well as fellow students currently completing the course. Scenarios based questions will be asked by your tutor on the Discussion Forum. These discussions are designed to give you the opportunity to master the art of recommending Ken Forrester wines. You will be able to discuss the various wines on this forum with fellow students, and share ideas and sales techniques with each other.
It's recommended that you print out the Ken Forrester Masterclass Printable Notes before beginning the course. These notes can be found on the Ken Forrester Masterclass Contents page under the heading Course Handouts (which is located on the right hand side of the screen). Another printable resource available under the Course Handouts is the Ken Forrester Cheat Sheet which provides a detailed overview for each of the wines in the Ken Forrester Wines range. This Cheat Sheet can be used to help refresh your knowledge about the various Ken Forrester Wines on offer.
Once you've completed all five sections (including the Test Your Knowledge quizzes) of the Ken Forrester Masterclass Course you will write The Ultimate Test Your Knowledge quiz on Ken Forrester Wines.
The course pass rate is a minimum of 70%. The Test Your Knowledge quizzes make up 60% of your final mark while The Ultimate Test Your Knowledge quiz makes up the other 40% of your final mark for the Ken Forrester Masterclass Course.
Are you ready to become an expert on Ken Forrester wines?... Absolutely!
Well, then let's get you started on this exciting journey of becoming an accredited Ken Forrester Wines advisor!
Allister is the CEO and founder of Under the Influence and an experienced member of the Beverageintelligence training team, having educated staff in over 250 lodge and hotel properties across the continent. He loves wines from Elgin and the right bank of Bordeaux.
Allister is passionate about building confidence and drinks skills among learners on the African continent.
Chad heads up the Customer Success mission in the business and is super passionate about delivering great service and loads of value to customers. He loves being on the ground with customers, working side by side with their teams to craft the most beautiful beverage offering and journey through the wonderful world of Beverageintelligence education and training. As the remarkable Nelson Mandela said: "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Chad loves discovering new and wonderful wines from both South Africa and further afield, and has a soft spot for a perfectly oaked Chardonnay. Delicious!
Rachel is the Course Curator for the Beverageintelligence Masterclasses. She loves creating innovative online education tools to help cultivate a passion for life-long learning in others. She enjoys old vine wines, particularly Chenin Blanc, Merlot, and MCC.
Rachel is passionate about the environment and has made sustainable living her lifes mission.